Originally Posted by Annoddddd
I never thought we’d be THOSE people that used Boaty Ball, but this morning I successfully reserved one at Cooper. We want to backtrack from Peter to snorkel the Indians and the caves at Norman before mooring and don’t want to risk not having a ball for the night.

At 7:01, all were gone. But, at 7:04 2 opened up (because they give you 4 mins to pay for it). Then those were gone again immediately. By 7:05, all the balls but 2 in Leverick were gone. Just amazing.

Hope we find our ball free of another boat when we arrive early afternoon.

I still have very mixed feelings about this service.

I have mixed feelings as well. But given the challenges at Cooper and the demand they might as well make them all reservation only. At least then guests would know they have a place to go when they get there and could make other plans accordingly. Most people are not and should not be comfortable anchoring there. The show up way to early and sit all day doesn't work well. They show up late and hope is not really a good plan either as it can take an hour to get someplace else if it doesn't work out.

Dynamic pricing is likely next in a place like that with more demand than supply.

Jay