Originally Posted by cajunscuba
Originally Posted by denverd0n
Haven't been down to use Boatyball yet, but are squatters really a problem? Do they have a procedure for dealing with it?

If not, then I see that as a HUGE problem! I am going to be pretty darned annoyed if I pay extra to reserve a ball, and then when I get there I am forced to deal with a squatter on my own. For the money I paid, Boatyball should be the ones who deal with squatters. I'm paying them so that I don't have to deal with that sort of aggravation.

I haven't been yet either. My understanding is that boatyball now has people who better enforce the reservations and tell the "squatters" the mooring is reserved. Also, I think it is becoming less of a problem now that more people are becoming more aware of BB.

I have used BB several times, in February, when fairly new. I do think squatters are less of issue.

Resolved easily on 2 occasions by politely asking "Do you have a reservation for that ball?" (Knowing that they do not, because I did). They promptly moved. Biggest potential issue is if the captain is off boat.

I like to be on water, not hurrying to next ball.

Wes
s/v Sea Tiger (2022 Lagoon 46)
www.BareBoatBVI.com